You’re a unique person and so are your training needs. That’s one of the best things about ellipticals: From your first workout to your first marathon, an elliptical will help you reach your goals. A few benefits:
- Ellipticals offer a nearly no-impact workout in the comfort of your home. Ergonomic design takes the load off of your back and knees. This delivers an ideal workout if you’re recovering from injury or looking for a low-impact form of cross-training.
- Most ellipticals also have a low pedal height, taking the struggle out of starting and ending your workout.
- The shape of the pedals and natural stride length of ellipticals work with your anatomy and range of motion to make exercising easier and recovery time shorter.
- Ellipticals provide a natural complement to outdoor running and walking, making them a solid fit for runners looking for an impact-free, indoor alternative.
- You can add power to your workout and cross-train your upper body by using the swinging handlebars, or you can challenge your stability by taking your hands away from the machine.
- You can also cross-train under-used muscles by pedaling in a reverse motion. This helps strengthen your posterior and address the muscle imbalances that can develop from non-stop running and cycling workouts.
- Since there is no motor involved, ellipticals are surprisingly quiet. You can watch TV or listen to music without cranking up the volume or disrupting the rest of your house.
- A quality elliptical frame will provide a smooth, natural motion that will stay solid and stable during your toughest workouts.
For a versatile workout that will get you fit and keep you coming back for more, an elliptical trainer is one machine you can always count on. From beginners to athletes, ellipticals fit the bill. Wondering how your machine will work with you?
(First Picture – click through to text) Just Getting Started: Whether you’re planning to lose a few pounds or are just trying to stay healthy, you’re looking for an elliptical that will keep you comfortable and challenged for the long run.
- A low pedal height makes it easy to get started since you’re not struggling with balance or knee issues before you even begin your workout. Most people are surprised by how easy it is to get started!
- A long stride length accommodates your natural stepping movement, making your workout efficient and comfortable.
- The natural standing position of the elliptical trainer lets you work hard without impact on your joints and back. That means bigger results and more calories burned in less time.
- User-friendly consoles can help to motivate you through your workout. You can see the distance covered, check your speed and even use the heart rate monitor to gauge your level of effort. This lets you see how far you’ve come and makes it easier to set goals.
- Still looking for some help? (Tips for Success – link)
(Second picture – click through to text) Everyday Fitness: You know regular exercise is important and you want a workout that’s easy to start and doesn’t leave you by the wayside.
- The natural stride length and upright position of the elliptical mimics your body’s natural posture. This keeps you comfortable and takes the load off your knees and back.
- The low pedal height allows you to easily start and finish your workout without struggling with balance or knee issues.
- (Getting Started) A variety of pre-programmed workouts and an easy-to-use console add new challenges as you grow stronger.
- Ellipticals also offer the option of a lot of little extras that make your workouts more comfortable and even entertaining! Most brands have options for audio inputs, fans and speakers. Interactive consoles and intuitive apps will even let you download your workouts for sharing or to track your progress over time.
(Third picture – click through to text)Love to Train: Whether you’re front and center in your favorite group exercise class or tackling your first triathlon, you’re looking for an indoor workout that can challenge you without adding impact to your already-full training schedule.
- User-friendly consoles make it easy to replicate the cardiovascular challenge of your favorite training days without traveling to a gym or hitting the pavement. They can also track your distance, pace per mile and effort level, all of which make it easier to get going and keep going on those days you’d rather just stay home.
- Ellipticals are also a great option for recovery days or for an impact-free way of adding quality training to your schedule. Replicate your favorite outdoor workout with press-and-go settings for hills, intervals and more. You can always choose to use the manual settings for fully customizable options that let you decide your training needs.
- Ellipticals offer the option of a lot of little extras that make your workouts even better. Features like audio inputs, fans and speakers will make sure you’re comfortable and entertained. Track results directly from the console or download your workouts onlineto share your results with others or track your progress over time.
- Strengthen your body’s posterior chain [include illustration or link to a GetFit article] by using the backwards motion of your elliptical to cross-train your body and address muscle imbalances that occur from repeated forward activities, such as running, cycling and aerobics. This translates to more power for recreational activities such as beach volleyball or one-on-one basketball, as well as just pushing around a heavy shopping cart or lawn mower.